by Gil Hall ( firstname.lastname@example.org )
posted: 20160420 141158
In this week’s round-up show, Joanisabel González and Gil Hall discuss and analyze events from Puerto Rico.
- Emergency legislation in Puerto Rico that passed two weeks ago–without amendment, without floor debate–to give the governor controversial new powers, and to create path for closing the GDB (among others)
- Second draft of US Congress’ Natural Resources control board bill
- US Congress’ Natural Resources Subcommittee hearing
- A very real crisis: disabled children on the island are not receiving critical services due to the government’s not having paid providers.
- Update on the cooperative banks’ situation
Two editorial notes: 1. due to audio difficulties, my questions had to be reconstructed and re-recored in their entirety. 2. the original interview ran ~1:05. The current edit is ~34:00. Ms. Gonzalez is fully aware of both things, and did not request any changes or clarifications.